Monday, August 13, 2012

Monday, August 13, 2012




    I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and enjoyed a breakfast of cereal and milk to which I added almonds and cranberries, plus coffee on the side.


I knew it was raining, but I decided to ride my bike to the gym anyway.  I was more worried about my tires slipping and sliding than I was about getting wet, and the falling rain wasn't so thick and heavy.  I got to the gym safely, and it didn't rain much while I was there.

     Today was Monday.  Usually, on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's I do chest, arms, and abs routines.  That's what I did today.


Warm up:

a.  15 preacher curls using a machine set on #8.

b.  15 reps flat bench with two 15 kg plates.

c.  Incline sit ups, 12  

d.  15 reps triceps extension using a cable machine set on 8.


Routine:

Circuit 1

a.  preacher curls machine set on 9, 15 reps

b.  flat bench press, add two 20 kg plates, 12 reps

c.  Incline sit ups, 12

d.  triceps extension using cable machine set on 9.

Circuit 2

a.  preacher curls machine set on 10, 12 reps
b.  flat bench press, add two 10 kg plates, 10 reps
c.  incline sit ups, 12
d.  triceps extension using cable machine set on 10.

Circuit 3

a.  preacher curls bar loaded with 7.5 kg on each end, 10 reps.
b.  decline bench press (hammer machine) 40 kg on each side, 10 reps
c.  incline sit ups, 12
d.  triceps extension using cable machine set on 10.

Circuit 4


a.  preacher curls bar loaded with 7.5 kg on each end, 10 reps.
b.  decline bench press (hammer machine) 50 kg on each side, 10 reps
c.  incline sit ups, 12
d.  triceps extension using cable machine set on 10.

Circuit 5


a.  preacher curls bar loaded with 7.5 kg on each end, 10 reps.
b.  decline bench press (hammer machine) 70 kg on each side, 10 reps
c.  incline sit ups, 12
d.  triceps extension using cable machine set on 10.

Circuits 6, 7, and 8

a.  dumbbell curls, 12 kg x 2, 8 reps each arm
b.  fly machine, triceps extension, machine set on 8, 15 reps
c.   leg raises, 25
d.  crunches, 25
d.  fly machine, chest, machine set on 18, 15 reps


     After a comforting shower, I rode my bike back home... all down hill and no rain.

     For lunch, I was in the mood for oatmeal with some almonds, cranberries, a blob of peanut butter, and milk mixed in, plus a couple fried eggs (over hard) on the side.  So, that's what I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment